Monday, March 06, 2006

Quotes from the Patriot Act roll-over

"There is no doubt that constitutional freedoms will never be abolished in one fell swoop, for the American people cherish their freedoms, and would not tolerate such a loss if they could perceive it. But the erosion of freedom rarely comes as an all-out frontal assault but rather as a gradual, noxious creeping, cloaked in secrecy, and glossed over by reassurances of greater security." --Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV)

"If Democrats can't stand up on something like this when the president's poll numbers are 34 percent, I just wonder how much right we have to govern this country. You've got to show people you believe in something, not just that you're gaming the issues." --Senator Russel Feingold (D-WI)

I haven't had time to post this because I've been so busy, but effective February 17, my voter registration says "no affiliation". I've had it with the Democrats.

2 Comments:

At 9:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought maybe I'd register as a republican, just to assure my vote would be counted.

 
At 3:42 PM , Blogger PridePress said...

I flip-flop my registration every time where primaries are concerned.

This time I will be GOP so I can do my part to keep Matt Shaner from getting the nomination to replace Lynn Herman. And bonus, I can vote for the GOP challenger to Santorum. How great would it be if Rick didn't get the nomination!?!

It is possible you know.

Anyway, I always affiliate with a party, so I can add my voice where it matters most...From situation to situation.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home