Monday, April 24, 2006

"Republicans want your children to die"

For just the second time in my life, I have HBO. Real Time with Bill Maher makes it well worth it.

His "New Rules" this week was hilarious, biting, and right-on-target:
Democrats have to claim their rightful place as the party of environmental protection.
...
"How can we explain climate change in a 30-second campaign ad?" Oh, I don't know. How about this: "The Republicans want your children to die." There, I did it with 28 seconds left.
...
How come the Republicans can pick seemingly bogus, random issues like activist judges and boys kissing, and Mexicans pouring over our borders, and get everyone all worked up about it, and the Democrats can't figure out how to demagogue Armageddon?

Hey...you know what else is pouring over our borders? Greenland.
...
Ladies and gentlemen, I literally fear for my kids' future, and I don't even have kids. Glacier National Park in Montana, you know, named for its glaciers, had 150 glaciers when they opened. It's got 26 left today.

Too bad they don't have the video online because the delivery is priceless, but here's the text.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home