Monday, January 23, 2006

Baer: Why is Swann ducking?

John Baer, political columnist for the Philadelphia Daily News, got in his shot at Lynn Swann for ducking a debate with Bill Scranton the same day that I took my swipe.

Baer: Why is Swann ducking a Scranton debate?
The biggest question about Swann is whether he knows anything.

By declining to appear at a scheduled Harrisburg debate next Wednesday with Scranton and businessman Jim Panyard (a GOP candidate not seeking party backing), he doesn't answer the question.

Instead he says one, two or three things:

1. I have more momentum than Scranton, maybe even sewed up the endorsement, and don't want to screw the pooch now.

2. I've gotten this far on glitter, grip and grin, so no need to change game plans.

3. Everyone's right, I know nothing, but I know enough not to show it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home